Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Explainatory - You'll always hurt the ones you love (YAHTOYL)

Here is the explaintory for this week about... You'll always hurt the ones you love. Dramatic song title, but what the song is about is even more dramatic:

With every look in your eyes,
I feel I made the right choice.
Every time I think of you,
I stand by my decision...

I know that I've hurt some people,
With the choice that I've made.
Sometimes you gotta push,
Some old ladies down the stairs..

Leave, it's over, it's been.
The things I left behind for you.
I gave my teen years all I got was tears,
Better believe it's true.

Stepping on me in front of,
Family and friends I care about.
Did you even bother to think
What you behaviour was doing to me?

Did you even care, you said you did.
With all your acts, you didn't care shit.
Humiliation, part of a daily routine.
Go, just leave, never to be seen.

Leave, it's over, it's been.
The things I left behind for you.
I gave my teen years all I got was tears,
Better believe it's true.
Leave, it's over, it's been.
The things I left behind for you.
I gave my teen years all I got was tears,
Better believe it's true.

As you can read it's about breaking up. The hurting hasn't been done by the person singing the song. It's done by the other one. To be quite honest, it's about how I looked back on my ex-girlfriend.
The first verse seems really romantic and is just how I figured it must've looked to other persons, including me. In the second verse I'm talking about the fact that sometimes you must make a decision and you can't be happy about it. It hurts, but it's for the best. The line "sometimes [...] stairs." comes from a computer game Day of the Tentacle and I figured it was a very funny line and yet so true.

The chorus states that we've broken up. So it's over. Looking back on it all, I gave up a lot and I got very little in return. It's hard to face that truth, but I have to.

The third and fourth verse go about how I feel that I was humiliated in some sort. But sometimes love can do very strange things to you and make you stand up for that person. I sure as hell know how loverboys work now. Finally I've made up my mind thought we should go apart. And we did.
To my ex-girlfriend (she may read this after all), this is truly how I feel and I regret it. I know it never was on purpose, but a feeling can't be changed on command. Looking back and seeing myself then and now, it's like I'm a completely other person now. So, I sincerly hope you are well and wish you the best of luck and happiness. I sure found it both.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're always in the shit, only the depth various. Fuck it..

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home